What is Botox?
Botox injections use FDA approved purified protein which temporarily relaxes the muscle that causes wrinkles in order to diminish the appearance of facial wrinkles.
What all conditions can be treated with Botox?
Most of the facial lines and wrinkles resulting from over activity of certain muscles can be treated with Botox. It helps in relaxing the muscles and results in overall youthful look. Following conditions can be successfully treated with Botox:
• Frown lines – Vertical lines between the eyebrows and horizontal lines which can go across the forehead and may or may not be related to aging.
• Crow’s feet – Repetitive motions caused by smiling and squinting can lead to fine lines near the corners of eyes. • Contouring jaw line – In order to redefine and shape up the jawline.
• Eyebrow lift – Eyebrows that have begun to droop with ageing can be treated.
• Gummy smile – Visible gums when smiling can make the smile gummy and this condition be treated with Botox.
How is the procedure performed?
Before the procedure a numbing cream is applied for at least 20-25 mins. Some patients take even without the numbing cream. The skin is prepared and a very thin needle is directed to inject Botox protein into the skin or muscles. The client is advised not to rub or massage the area in order to avoid protein migrating to other areas.
Who is the right candidate for Botox?
Anyone between 18 to 65 years of age with dynamic wrinkles can get Botox treatment to bring about significant cosmetic enhancement of their face without undergoing any surgery. Is Botox injection painful? Botox injections are not painful and do not cause any inflammation or irritation. Some mild stinging sensation might be noticed. Numbing cream or Ice pack can be applied to minimize discomfort whatsoever.
What should I expect after the Botox Procedure?
• The procedure can be done as a lunch break appointment.
• Botox procedure does not require any anesthesia or recovery period.
• Routine normal activities can be resumed right after the procedure.
What are the advantages of Botox Procedure?
• Botox is the best and safest nonsurgical alternative to diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
• Botox is cost effective compared to other cosmetic procedures and results are long-lasting.
• The treatment is fast, convenient and virtually painless.
What are the contraindications of Botox?
• Pregnant or nursing women should not undergo Botox treatment.
• Also people with serious medical issues or muscular problems should consider consulting their doctor before planning Botox injections.
Do Botox injections interact with other medicines I am taking?
Some antibiotics may interfere with the Botox and thus consulting doctor should be notified of all the medicines that you are taking currently and might have taken in the recent past.
How long does it take for Botox to work?
In most of the cases, it takes only about a week for Botox to show its outcome. Some patients can even feel a difference within 2 to 3 days of the treatment.
Is the effect of Botox long-lasting?
Typically, the effect of Botox may last anywhere from 4 to 6 months but repeated injections when used can maintain the results over a longer period of time. There are incidences when someone may want one time treatment only to be able to look youthful for a special occasion such as wedding in the family.
Are there any side effects of Botox?
Since very small amount of Botox is injected to treat facial wrinkling, no significant side effects have been reported. A temporary sensation of stiffness or numbness might be noticed which resolves within a few days.
Is Botox injection related to Botulism?
The amount of Botox injected to treat wrinkles is very minute and it cannot cause botulism. It is like any other medicine which is very effective without causing any harm if correct dosage and appropriate technique is used to administer it.
Why should I choose Signature Skin for the Botox treatment?
• Hygiene And Safety: We at Signature Skin adhere to International Quality Standards with highest degree of hygiene and safety norms.
• Tailor-made Treatment Plans: Customized treatment options as per client requirements are rendered with unmatched precision.
• World Class Technology & Highly Qualified Team: At Signature Skin, we take pride in our highly qualified team of two well trained dermatologists with intensive world class training on latest technology.
• Minimal Bruising and Quick Recovery: Our meticulously devised techniques result in minimal bruising and fastest possible recovery for our clients.
• Long-Term Overall Well Being: We believe in treating the clients not only for a particular condition but counseling them about their overall well -being and steps to prevent recurrence of the condition.